Friday, February 5, 2010

The Most Meaningful Moment of My Day

I came across this article from real simple and somehow I found it inspiring, well at least something's worth to think about. It's definitely not the time I have to wake up in the morning. Naah, I'm definitely not a morning person, never have been and never will be.

But there's something I love about mornings, though - that is after I'm completely awake and
begin to notice my surroundings. So... the most meaningful moment of my day is this:

I start my days with a short walk around the block with my son, Darrel. These trees in front of our house are home to tons of birds and butterflies that dart happily from one branch to another and they never cease to amaze us. And for the first time in many years, I really notice things. I notice my son's utter amazement in seeing these everyday beauties, I notice the shrill sound of birds chirping, I notice the beautiful pattern of butterflies' wings and the beautiful swift movement birds make when they fly, I notice how beautiful a flower is when it has just bloomed and all covered with dews, I notice how fresh the morning air feels. I notice.. period. All the things that has always been there for the taking, but I was just too busy to stop a while and look.

I've also made a page from this picture as part of my Project 365 and this is what I came up with:
So what's the most meaningful moment of your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment