Saturday, February 6, 2010

Another Project 365

I tend to complain... very...very much. And I also have this tendency of wanting everything to be perfect, as I've planned them to be. If things don't go my way, I'd freak out and act as if a major catastrophe has happened. I believe the correct term for this freaky behavior is obsessive compulsive, and that is something I need to work on really, really hard. So, I've made a couple of pages as reminders to myself to be a better person.

I played around with some liquid pearls from Ranger and just love the result.

Some more close up images of the person I need to be:

And most importantly:
When I first started scrapbooking, I measured everything. And by measuring I don't mean by inches or cms... I needed to make sure that every thing is cut correctly, up to each millimeters. I know freaky, right? Over time, I learn to be more relax about precision and what do you know it has impacted other aspects of my life. Of course not dramatically, but I see a little progress day by day. Let's hope... let's hope that I'll continue progressing.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Elaine.... I love the new look of your blog...and your banner....:)
    I KNOW the feeling of being a perfectionist...been there done that....:) But then, it is not the way I want my life to be for the next 10, 20 or the heck 40 years from now.
    My grandchildren won't criticize on my not straight borders by millimeters, and surely she won't care much if I brag that I made these or those layouts with perfectly matching papers (so to me). So if those factor won't impress my next generations, why bother? why be crazy about it now? So, I change my way of priority, my first thing first when I do layouts, (now, the story always come first) and learn to let go.
    That is what happen to me. And I am couldn't be more happy.
    Hope you can find something useful from my story *wink

    I love your 365 layouts.....keep on the good work, dear....*hugs.....

    ReplyDelete