Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Talk about being productive!

Boy.. how I love Digi. Never before I made so many layouts in just one week. Bless you.. all the people who create Digikits! There should be a special place for you in scrapbooking heaven. Do I love to exaggerate or what?

Anyway, here are some layouts I made:


I really want to capture Darrel's special relationship with his Grandpa. They are so close to each other. He even kinda forgets about me whenever Grandpa is around... Sigh... :D

Digikits used: Ettes & Co - Happiness; Marie Stones - Life's Simple Pleasures; DSP - Welcome Kit; Michelle Underwood - Bright Smiles: Miss Mint - Coordinated Kit Mommitude; Rhonna Farrer - September Freebies, Splish Splash.



This is my first attempt on a boyish layout. I've always been kinda girly and romantic (only scrapbooking wise.. on other aspects, it's completely the other way around). I love these pictures, they're just so funny. They were taken by my sister, Eunice, when she and my Mom were babysitting Darrel. At that time, he completely refused to take a nap and ended up falling asleep on his bike after playing all day long.

Digikits used: Emily Powers - Art Nation Blossom; Shabby Princess - Splendid, Moody Blues; Rhonna Farrer - True Dream, May Freebies.



I just love love love this picture of Darrel and Hardi. A moment truly worth remembering.

Digikits used: Betsy Tuma - Eloquent Autumn; Linda Walton - Oopsy Daisy; Shabby Princess - Harvest Spice, Vintage Florals; Anne Langpap - January Brown; Erica Hernandez - Vibe; Rhonna Farrer - September Freebies; Dawn Mills - Heritage; Veronica Ponce - Cottage Bluff.


Post-baby, I hardly ever made layouts of me and my husband. Talk about focus & priority shift post-baby, that's so true in every aspects - even scrapbooking! Anyway, something happened last week that reminded me to always make time for my marriage as well. So, in the act of reminiscing the past I skimmed through our old photo files (yup, they're no longer in albums) and found this picture, taken just last year on Hardi's 31st birthday.

Last year was a very busy-busy time for me as I was holding two responsibilities at the same time at the office. I had to work day and night (literally) and weekends too. So making time for family was a real struggle. As a surprise for Hardi's birthday, I made a reservation at Malya (now Padma) - a resort in Bandung for a quick getaway. We went straight to Bandung after I landed on Jakarta's airport from my business trip in Semarang. 3 cities in just one day, could you imagine? He didn't even have his bag packed when he picked me up at the airport, we bought all this clothes there. But it was a very good getaway, something that we both really needed. And it reminds me that no matter how busy I am, I should always always make time for my loved ones.

And then I found that quote to enjoy the little things in life, and then the papers and then the embellishments. Then everything just seemed to fit on its own accord. And voila... a little something to enjoy.

Digikits used: Linda Walton - Oopsy Daisy; Michelle Coleman - Bohemian Summer, Wild Sorbet; Marie Stones - Mother's Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment