Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Our Dreams came true


I made this layout as part of my preparation to explain about adoption to Darrel. It captures our journey from the first time I met him, the routine visits to the hospital - to the day we became the proud beaming parents we are today.

Adoption is not very common in Indonesia, many people still think of adopted children as 'second-class' and the fact that someone's adopted is often kept secret. To tell or not to tell was a dillema that my husband and I struggled with for quite sometime. Eventually, we decided it's best to let him know from the very early stage. I still go by the rules that honesty is the best policy.

I hope that when the time comes for Darrel to learn the fact that he's adopted, this will help him to see how much he is wanted and hoped for. No less than our own biological child, if someday we are blessed to have one.

Digikits used: Dawn-Mills Heritage Kit created by Snowsmoon's Design, Dream Acrylic from True Dream Digital Kit by Rhonna Farrer

No comments:

Post a Comment